Aug 26, 2013

All I Want Is Something New

I'm getting ready to change everything about my blog: new look, new layout and NEW NAME. The blog used to be something completely different and the name no longer applies, and clearly my layout and design doesn't match the name.

So here's what I need from all of you bloggers!
  1. How did you come up with a clever name? Do you like names with "THE", ones that represent the blog or just quirky ones that intrigue you?
  2. What colors do you find most appealing? Bright ones? Neutrals? Do you like blogs that are filled with a lot of color/designs or minimalist ones?
  3. Are "About Me" sections important? Do you read them?
  4. Is there a way to fiddle with the design and layout without the blog looking hectic and broken for hours at a time?
  5. What other tips do you have?

I'd really love the help! I tend to second guess all of my ideas and flip flop back and forth, so making any decision is pretty difficult.  

HELP!

6 comments:

  1. 1. A friend came up with it for me.
    2. Black & whites, pale shades of gray.
    3. Depends on the content, I read them when I'm interested in whoever's writing.
    4. I really have no idea...
    5. Just do what you feel is right, if people don't like it it's their problem.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've blogged under a few different names but I've found 'Underland to Wonderland' is the one thats caught most attention. Short and sweet is the way to go.
    I think keeping the majority of your blog light and minimilsit is best for ease to read but a pop of a bright accent colour helps you stand out as alot of bloggers stick with white and and vintagey pastleness.
    I always read about me sections when I go on to a new blog, so I'd say yeah theyre important.

    And there is a way through blogger to 'unpublish' your blog while you are revamping.

    Hope this helps, can't wait to see what you do with the place!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DANIELLE! Thank you! I always try to mess with it and it ends up looking like a child's craft project. Nothing meshes. I like minimal because I'm simple, but sometimes I see really colorful blogs and I'm like damn, that's cute.

      Delete
    2. I know, tell me about it! I'm always messing around with mine haha. I think it's alot harder when you're doing it all yourself. Some people with amazing layouts pay for them. Aint nobody got money for that!

      Delete
  3. Not a veteran but..

    1. I just thought if it. Idk
    2. I like clean black and white layouts but a small part of me also likes lots of color! They're so fucking cute and eye catching!
    3. I read about me sections!
    4. No, but I fiddle late at night so the chance of someone finding it broken is slim. It's a learning curve. I'm shitty at it but getting better.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been blogging for four years but I don't have a hugely popular blog but here's my thoughts

    1// This is the third name i've had for my blog and I just thought it up - kind of relates to my love for the actress Vivien Leigh
    2// I like clean backgrounds and blogs, not ones over run with ads and such. One that is clear and easy to navigate.
    3// Occasionally read them.
    4// I don't know, I just fiddle and play and forget that people might be viewing mid fiddle .. oops!
    5// Just blog and design your blog for yourself, whatever you do you'll have lovers and haters. Can't please them all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis