Aug 10, 2013

A Grown Up Dream Home

For the last few weeks, my ENTIRE life has been spent looking for jobs. I've applied to all sorts of different places in San Francisco, Silicon Valley, Portland and even Oakland. I'm willing to go anywhere, I'm ready for the adventure. The second that I send out a new resume, I immediately go on a "wishful thinking" apartment search...you know, just to see what's out there. I never realized how expensive it is to live in California. A one bedroom apartment in San Francisco is $1300+, Silicon Valley is $1100+, but in Portland you can get a beautiful two bedroom apartment (with washer and dryer!) for $900. Come on! How fantastic is that? It would be like living in an Oregonian palace.

I can't wait to decorate a new place, I'm probably more excited about that than anything. I've always chosen to leave my spaces bare because I figured that it was smarter to save the money. This time I want to go all out and make it cozy and wonderful. I've gone a little Pinterest crazy getting ready for the move...whenever that happens.

I like The Hampton's beach style; bright, airy and simple.
 I seem to be very anti-color. Whatever, I love it.





Obviously I won't be able to have all of these in an apartment, but place likes these are what I lean towards when looking. I always bookmark the listings with large windows, bright open floor plans and lighter kitchens.

To supplement my apartment search, I've become a tad obsessed with Urban Outfitter's Apartment section lately. I prefer a traditional style home, but I still love quirky chotchkies and pieces that are a bit different. I think that I'll need a bit of whimsy sprinkled about here and there. But not a lot...let's not get crazy.


 


I don't even drink, but this corkscrew is fantastic!




Buzzfeed seems to always have some relevant list to my life. 
Today they posted "16 Worst Parts About The Job Hunt".  
To read the list, click here.

4 comments:

  1. I'm ready for an adventure too, I think that things must change in order for us not to go mad.

    /Avy

    http://mymotherfuckedmickjagger.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I cant wait until I move into my own place. I want to decorate so bad! I can spend ours in Bed Bath and Beyond looking at things I 'need'. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I adore the Chester drawers painted in that coral colour, how beautiful do they look against the white background :D
    Amy x
    -A Little Boat Sailing-

    ReplyDelete
  4. That corkscrew is fantastic - we're waiting to get a mortgage approved to start looking for our first house. Can't wait to be honest - not really a big fan of were with live. Can't wait to move and have a whole a house to have as a decorating project.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis