Apr 12, 2013

Jellies And Scrunchies


I've recently stumbled upon a post entitled "The 90's Tag". I was tickled when I noticed that the girl completing the questionnaire was a mere and delicate 15. No little muffin cake...you are not a 90's kid.

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little 90's obsessed. It was just the perfect decade.

Back in the day...
-"Mmmm Bop" was my jam and Taylor Hanson was my everything.
-Devon Sawa was Casper and possessed by the devil; AND still so fine!
-Bayside High, Kelly Kapowski and Zack Morris's cell phone. Enough said.
    < ="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgf0B4JSBxFK60f2O5GdFS_uLHYynJCS5U083orMdoVKfebFPmjVCId14Fsg8G7qGHf3WE0P3fgmFJtRARfPf5eKDa72P7LCBZC9Kg-1C_b2rDWjmhXctllJmljp7LtCpX95Dq4NnENw1Bh/s1600/kel.png" imageanchor="1" style="margin-left: 1em; margin-right: 1em;">
-The weekend meant TGIF, SNICK and Stick Stickley.
 -There was nothing more stressful than calling up electronic boys on Dream Phone.
-All I wanted in life was to be Baby Spice on The Big Red Bus.
-True fear was Are You Afraid Of The Dark? and playing Bloody Mary at midnight.
-"Welcome to Goodburger, home of The Goodburger, can I take your order?"
-Going to school rocking the faded jeans, jellies and scrunchies.
 -"Mr. Feeny....MR. FEENY!"

-Head bobbing like a thug to The Moffats in my ultra green walk-man.
-Slap bracelets were both the perfect accessory and a deadly weapon (against my brother).
-Buffy The Vampire Slayer was a more valley girl movie than Clueless could ever be.
-Amanda Bynes was Dear Ashley (thaaaaat's me!) and not completely insane.
-Afternoons meant TRL, Carson Daly, Boyband Wars and "Hit Me Baby One More Time".
    AND THIS.....
    The Original BAMF President

    What were your favorite things from the best decade?

    This?

7 comments:

  1. LOVE this post! And love the 90s too! I was obsessed sith Saved by the Bell and Sister Sister!!

    I loved the spice girls and wanted to be Geri...

    Ahh what a great decade!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree so much about seeing young kiddies and teens that were born in 1997 calling themselves a '90s kid'.
    I was born in 1990 and regard myself one alhtough obviously missed out on stuff that that I would of experienced being born in the 80s.
    I actually have the full Saved By the Bell and Sabrina the Teenage Witch series downloaded on my laptop and watch either those or the likes of Clarissa Explains it All and Sister Sister on youtube everyday!

    I did a post a while back on my Top 5 Childhood Toy...I wonder if you remember any of them?
    http://thesweetnesstalks.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/my-top-5-childhood-toys.html

    - Danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made the 80's cut! But I'm definitely a 90's kid. I really just want to be Kelly Kapowski. Thank goodness everything is going to the 90's style. I'm dying from excitement! And I'm off to read that post...now!

      Delete
  3. I'm a 90s kid, the best decade ever! I'm not ashamed to say that I still listen to N'Sync and Backstreet boys and reminisce about the good old days :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a 90s kid, the best decade ever! I'm not ashamed to say that I still listen to N'Sync and Backstreet boys and reminisce about the good old days :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was born in '86 so I started school in 1990. I remember being obsessed with the Backstreet Boys and me and my friends dressed up as the Spice Girls to raise money which was a giggle. Oh and pogs they were the big deal on a school break!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis