Apr 15, 2013

The White Picket Fence

Once in a while it's nice to venture away from my hokie little hood. As it's halfway to May, California has entered its season known as "Hot-Shit I'm Burning Alive!" Feeling my skin burning, frying, boiling (and any other metaphor that you can think of to describe a ginger person in the summer), I ran from the scorching 90 degree valley to a tiny bay town that is the embodiment of The American Dream.

It's so quaint and wholesome that Pleasantville would be envious.

This magical little place looks as though it's been plucked straight from The Gold Rush Era; Main Street is lined with old settlement buildings (now converted into shops and businesses), and ancient Victorian homes peer through grandmother oak trees. At the end of every historical street is a dock leading into the cool waters of the bay; a perfect spot to enjoy the sun without melting like The Bad Witch of Oz.

Throughout the day I visited my grandparent's old house, a few fairytale mansions and the boat filled marina. I think that if I ever settled down somewhere (which is honestly very unlikely), it would be here.

 

 


                                                                                                                                                                




As I came to The Yacht Club and the waterfront homes, I noticed a number of young people out and about. 
I scanned the various young men thinking....

"Future rich husband...is that you?"

 

                                                                                                                                                      



Quick little fact....

These are old camel stables from the 1940's. This town in particular was a U.S Army weapons center and apparently during World War II, The U.S was testing the use of camels in combat.
Really America?

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis